NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. The Dudgeon project will produce enough electricity on average to supply up to 400,000 homes with green electricity, approximately the same number of households that exist in the county of Norfolk.
2. The Dudgeon project will generate up to 560MW and involve private sector investment of up to £1.5bn; save up to 40 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions over its expected 50 year life; and provide more than 0.5% of the UK’s annual electricity needs. The project will create hundreds of jobs during the three year construction phase and up to 100 direct full time jobs thereafter.
3. The consent applications for the offshore elements of the Dudgeon project were lodged with the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) and the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) in June 2009.
4. The planning permissions for the buried onshore cable route running though Breckland district and North Norfolk district were received in October 2010 and June 2012 respectively.
5. Planning permission for an onshore substation to allow the electricity generated to enter the national electricity transmission network, for either the Little Dunham site or the alternative site nearby at Necton, is still awaited.
6. It is expected that electricity generation from offshore wind farms, such as this one at Dudgeon, will make a significant contribution towards the UK’s target of producing at least 20% of its energy needs from renewable sources by 2020.
7. Warwick Energy’s wind farm project at Dudgeon is one of 15 such projects that were awarded licenses by the Crown Estate in late 2003 as a national second Round of offshore wind projects.
8. Warwick Energy Limited is a leading UK developer of a range of energy projects and has previously been responsible for the development of the 90MW Barrow offshore wind farm (completed 2006) and the 300MW Thanet offshore wind farm (completed 2010).
Contacts: Mark Petterson Director, Warwick Energy 01789 471091 Warwick Energy Limited, Wellesbourne House, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire CV35 9JB