NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. The project would include up to 168 wind turbines producing enough electricity on average to supply up to 400,000 homes with green electricity, approximately the same number of households that exist in the county of Norfolk. The total extent of the wind farm site is 35km2.
2. The full Dudgeon project is expected to cost up to £1.5bn; save up to 40 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions over its expected 50 year life; and could provide more than 0.5% of the UK’s annual electricity needs. The project could create many temporary jobs during the construction phase and up to 100 full time jobs thereafter.
3. Copies of the Environmental Statement (ES) for this application will be made available for viewing by members of the public at District and County Council offices. Copies will be sent to each Parish Council affected and additional copies of the full ES on CD may be obtained from the Company's Registered Office for a charge of £30. Copies of the full ES and the Non Technical Summary will be available shortly at the project consultation website (www.dudgeonoffshorewindfarmconsultation.co.uk). Copies of the Non Technical Summary will also be available, free of charge, when requested from the Company's Registered Office or can be downloaded from the Warwick Energy website at www.warwickenergy.com.
4. The onshore cable route for the project through Breckland and North Norfolk districts received planning permission in October 2010 and June 2012 respectively.
5. It is expected that electricity generation from offshore wind farms, such as this one at Dudgeon, will make a significant contribution towards the UK’s target of producing 20% of its energy needs from renewable sources by 2020.
6. Warwick Energy’s wind farm project at Dudgeon is one of 15 such projects that were awarded licenses by the Crown Estate as a national second Round of offshore wind projects.
7. Warwick Energy Limited is a UK developer of a range of energy projects and has previously been responsible for the development of the 90MW Barrow offshore wind farm (in operation since 2006) and the 300MW Thanet offshore wind farm (currently under construction).
Contacts: Mark Petterson Director, Warwick Energy 01789 471091 Warwick Energy Limited, Wellesbourne House, Wellesbourne, Warwickshire CV35 9JB